When we decided to get married back in December of 2004, I told hubby not to get me a diamond ring because I would rather the money be spent towards our new home. Obviously he didn't agree with me.. and he got me a diamond ring anyway, which he put on my finger on our wedding day, February 2nd, 2005. It was purchased (supposedly) without my knowledge by his mom, on his behalf, when she was on vacation in Hong Kong with dad. The original ring was not made to my size, so it was resized in Toronto and was a bit bent due to the resizing work. (And yet, it was still about a 3/4 size too large..)About a couple of months after Evie was born, the prongs became loose for some reason - maybe because I'm a brutal ring wearer, doing dishes with it and all.. Or perhaps the ring knew I didn't like it that much so it didn't want to hold on tight to the diamond any more.. I stopped wearing when the diamond became loose in the setting.
Hubby's been very nice about it. He knows I'm kind of weird (very picky) about my jewelry so he offered to get a new custom setting for me, in a design I choose. After hours and hours of web browsing (which translates into months of lapsed time), I finally found my ideal design.. no more prongs; made to my size, from my dearest hubby. Thank you so very much baby! You are the best :)
No comments:
Post a Comment