Monday night, I arrived Toronto airport. After I got through immigrations, as I was walking towards baggage claims, my eyes were suddenly wet. I was very much alive, and I was going to see Evie!! I felt kind of silly as I silently wiped off my tears.
Hubby came to the airport to pick me up, with my 2005 330xi. I forced him to let me drive home. How could I resist, after almost no driving since late last November when the war against cancer began? It's really been too long.
We got home in Evie's delightful screams of Ma Ma this and Ma Ma that. She has a lot more vocabs and facial expressions compared with half a year ago. Her movements are also a lot more confident and stronger. We kept looking at each other from various angles - something we couldn't quite accomplish in Skype. She was quite excited and me very happy :)
Tuesday, we gave Evie a day off school so I get to reacquaint myself with her. We took the afternoon nap together. I slept more than she did because of jet lag. She just played silently in her crib without waking me up. Finally I got up at around 5pm. We went to my grandparent's place and had dinner with them. Evie's scared of the dog now. She would not walk by herself if the dog was around.
I'm not putting in a lot of effort in adjusting my jet lag. I'm back on 2 pain killers a day and I've still been in a lot of pain these days. A little bit of diarrhea everyday since I arrived. Perhaps I'm not used to the food here. I hope I won't have to take 2 types of pain killers.. But it's been quite painful so far.. Dunno what I can do about it..
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Enjoying Owl Minerva with grandpa grandpa and ma
-
Nathan's love for spicy food is amazing. We ordered a medium spicy pot and
look at the way he us chomping the pork bones down!!
It's always enjoyable wa...
8 years ago
2 comments:
hey~ welcome back~
:D
Welcome back! Take it easy. It will take a bit of time to adjust.
Post a Comment