2009-06-16

Freeze! Hold your wallets please!

LOL.. OK. I was surprised when my cousin Alice mentioned that the bit about luxury goods' possible enhancement on my will to survive may inspire my loved ones start buying things for me... STOP!! STOP!! Drop your wallets and don't move a cent!! It will not help me if anybody spends big money to give me something that I may or may not like. I really don't need gifts from anybody. All I need is your presence :) So I must let you know that 1) I am extremely picky in the things I buy and 2) I'm really not that materialistic..

Here are a few examples of things I've bought since treatment started: an LV wallet, a Prada handbag, and a Samsung S7350. The wallet I needed because of the big bills I have to pay at the hospital - cash only. The handbag because my wallet is so nice that I wanted a nice handbag to hold it too. The cell phone because I like it's design and decided I'd give the Korean brand a chance.



Please don't try to buy any luxury goods for me!! I know you all love me and I am extremely thankful for that!!

6 comments:

Lulu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lulu said...

照片裡的妳看來心情不錯,所以買東西是能讓妳開心的嘛~
只是也許自己去買更過癮?那LV的皮夾很好看!

...也想看看妳到底收到了些什麼禮物呀?

M.M. said...

HAHAHA you are always so cute!
a nice wallet needs a nice handbag, HAHAHA then u also need to nice coin purse too! i like the stuff toy on your prada bag instead of the bag! HAHAHA how's the samsung phone?

可可 said...

Hahaha. My dad was just telling me "Shop Therapy" is the best therapy. :)

And here you are going around tempting us with your new toys!!! I so need to retrieve my thoughts back thinking you have been a positive inspiration...

Btw, glad to read this happy positive blog post.

mia said...

i didn't receive any overly expensive gifts yet, thank god - that's what i'm trying to PREVENT with this blog!! i don't want anybody waste money buying me things mah. i'm too picky in the things i want (especially things with high price tags). just as an example, i asked my hubby to get a new ring setting for the diamond wedding ring he gave me. that goes to show how picky i am.. and how much my hubby loves me :)

the samsung is pretty good, but i'm comparing it with my nokia n95 so i'd be more critical on its functions. overall it is a good phone.. the camera function is supposed to do gps tagging but so far i haven't had any success in that which is kinda disappointing..

Nicole said...

Hi Mia,

This is Nicole Weber. I am a friend of your dad and mom (I am not that old though, Ha!) My husband is Dan, you might have met him before. Few days ago, your dad sent your blog link to me, then I found out your story. I have been reading your blog. I hope you don't mind. I think you have been a very strong lady. As a Christian, you have been in our prayers. God bless you and your family. Keep up the good spirit. What can't break you will only make you stronger. In good faith... God bless you, Nicole