2009-06-28

Phase 2 Week 4

After missing 2 weeks of chemo, my liver numbers finally declined to normal. I saw 3 doctors on Friday. My radiation dr gave me my regular pain killers and anti-nausea med. He hoped I could continue chemo asap. The digestive system specialist thought the spike in my liver number was caused by the chemo (Cisplatin) and there was possibly something wrong with my immune system which caused my liver would react this way (normally Cisplatin doesn't affect the liver). He recommended me to see an immune systems specialist if problem persists. My chemo dr thought it would be a very rare case if my liver was sensitive to Cisplatin and it would be even more rare for me to have the kind of immune systems problem that might cause my liver to react this way. So his conclusion was that I should try chemo again and see what happens.

I've been feeling better and better. This week I tried Wakamoto to tackle my digestive problems (constipation and diarrhea) and it seems to be working. Also I find my pain has decreased. All in all I am feeling more energetic and it is consistent with my radiation dr's finding: my tumor has decreased in size. However, I'm still cautious not to overexert myself so that I don't accidentally make myself feel worse then I could be feeling :D So far so good!

This weekend there was a 50% rebate sale at eReader.com so I stocked up on my ebooks. I've finished all the available ebooks from James Rollins. Moving on to David Baldacci and Brad Thor - I already read one book from each and found them to be OK. So I just bought all their available ebooks since I read so fast these days.. My hubby said he's glad I'm into ebooks, not paper books; otherwise I'd need a library to hold all the books I'm reading.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. You are in our prayers all the time. We are already talking about bringing grandchildren to your 60th birthday. :)

Amy said...

Dear, Wakamoto is pretty much the same thing with the pro-biotics I brought you the other day.
Glad your digestive system is getting better now.